Formex Industries is a metal forming and assembly company that supplies a variety of complex products to the local and international automotive sectors. The company is based in Port Elizabeth – an important import and export hub for the local automotive manufacturing industry.
Formex manufactures metal parts for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), including Volkswagen and Ford, as well as for 1st Tier suppliers in foreign countries. These 1st Tier suppliers sell Formex parts onwards to other vehicle brands, such as Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz and Renault; making these car manufacturers indirect customers of Formex.
With this established supply chain, Formex has numerous export markets around the world. Our products are delivered to regions such as Europe, Asia and North and South America. Formex parts are sent to Germany, the United Kingdom, Spain, Thailand, the United States, Brazil and Argentina, to name a few countries.
Formex exports parts to 1st Tier customers around the world
Here are some of our 1st Tier customers and where they are based:
- Tenneco Automotive – an American Fortune 500 company based in Illinois, United States. Tenneco is a leading supplier of replacement parts and owns a number of established aftermarket brands.
- Eberspӓcher – an international manufacturer of exhaust and climate control systems that was started in Esslingen, Germany. Eberspӓcher has over 80 factories in 29 different countries.
- Katcon – an international manufacturer of catalytic converters, diesel after-treatment devices and exhaust decarbonisation modules. Katcon was founded in 1993 in Michigan, United States, but now has a global presence.
- Faurecia – a global automotive supplier that is based in Paris, France. In 2018, Faurecia was the ninth-largest international automotive parts manufacturer in the world and number one for vehicle interiors and emission control technology.
- Benteler – a group of global companies that operate in the fields of automotive technology, steel and tube production, engineering and distribution. Benteler International AG’s headquarters are in Salzburg, Austria.
Formex Industries has an extensive export footprint. The automotive parts manufactured at our Port Elizabeth facility are not only used in locally manufactured vehicles, but they also find their way onto cars, vans, buses and heavy equipment around the world.
The export market is a strong focus for Formex Industries which is recognised for its global standards, world-class quality and competitive pricing. This results in a major support to the local economy and boost for job opportunities in the Eastern Cape.
Formex Industries is a metal forming and assembly company that supplies a variety of complex products to the local automotive industry and export market. The company is based in the Nelson Mandela Bay metropole, South Africa’s foremost region for automotive manufacturing and export.
Formex specialises in producing components for the catalytic converter industry, as well as metal components and assemblies for the various vehicles. Formex aims to become one of the foremost suppliers for the South African automotive industry by 2035, aligning itself with the South African Automotive Masterplan (SAAM) which takes effect in 2020.
Formex is a Level 2 B-BBEE supplier with over 80% black ownership, of which more than 40% are black women. The company is owned by Deneb Investments Limited – a subsidiary of Hosken Consolidated Investments Limited (HCI) – one of South Africa’s biggest true B-BBEE companies listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE).